March 10, 2013

Where are the indignados?

18.00pm
Greek indignants start gathering in Syntagma.

A little later, the picture was clear:
only a few hundreds went out to protest against poverty, unemployment and suicides.

"God, I'm scared of hunger"

"Plan b: NO TO EURO"

The movement of indignants seems that doesn't exist anymore. The talk of those there today was about the rest who were not. "Where's everyone?" was the question heard all over.

"People are not only tired but scared, too. Police violence is worse than ever".

"There are parents that don't allow their kids to come. I haven't protested since the last violent riots between protestors and the police in the summer of 2011" says Theodoris who came to protest cycling.

"Currently, I don't work. I didn't study after school but never thought it would be so difficult. I've never worked because I never managed to get a job. I've been looking for a job since graduation two years ago".

"Now I'm trying to get in some public educative program for unemployed. I don't know if I'm going to make it. Even that is so difficult. You've got to know someone. You know how it is in Greece. "

Mrs Melina Kotsakis asked me to write both her name and surname.

"I feel proud of what I do. I've been down on the streets taking part in every protest march against IMF for three years and I'll go on until I see my country free".

"I lived Junta but what we live now is worse. No one is allowed to sit back on his couch and watch our catastrophe on TV".

"These people are selling are country. They're selling Greece.
We've got to stop them. Each time we give something , Europe asks for more. The whole thing is a joke".

"Rise up"!

Later motorcyclists were prevented by the police to reach the demonstration.

But they finally made it.

Governmental instructions to the police are clear: stop any kind of reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment