March 31, 2013

I'm moving out soon

One of the things most Greeks wished they hadn't done, is to buy a house.

The joke "be nice or I'll transfer a house into your name" is so characteristic if you consider that taxes on ownership increased by 422% during the last three years.

At the same time, electricity got very expensive leading 30.000 families to cut the electricity connection or move to smaller houses.

Fortunately, I'm in the second category. Recently, I rented my flat and now I'm trying to find another one to move in.

I'm not complaining. It is so difficult to rent your flat nowdays in Athens. There are so many empty apartments as people in their 30s and 40s have to move in with room mates or even worse with their parents, after losing their jobs, getting paid with three-four hundreds of euros or even not getting paid at all for their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment