March 19, 2013

Greeks stand by Cypriots

A little earlier, members of the left party Syriza demonstrated for Cyprus in front of the European Commission's offices in Athens.

PEOPLE OF EUROPE STOP THE DESTRUCTION

" My name is Helen, I'm 23 years old and I'm unemployed for over 18 months
Unemployment raised in Europe because of a wrong policy that still goes on.
I'm here for Cyprus, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece".
.

Protesters also held the flags of Italy, Portugal and Spain...

"I'm here to protest against european policy" tells me Alkistis.

"What's going on in Cyprus is terrible and it shouldn't be happening anywhere".

"I hear Cypriots will say no to Merkel. I do hope so.

I'm so proud of cypriot reaction to this cold blackmail. I believe Cyprus is going to write history again".

" If Cypriots say NO to Merkel many will follow. European people will eventually win".

Alkistis, 20, student at the University of Athens

No comments:

Post a Comment