May 05, 2013

Lycabettus: a big deep breath

No matter how difficult is living in Athens, there are still some things that make life beautiful. Such one is a long walk to Lycabettus area.

In fact, Mount Lycabettus is only a three minutes walk and a... few steps away from where I live.

Don't panic! This walk deserves every step you take.

It's like I'm not in Athens anymore.

The beautiful district of Neapolis (New-city) is the second oldest of Athens, after Plaka. It started to be built in 1865 and the first residents were mainly students and artists.

We're almost there...

This is Mount Lycabettus which is surrounded by the city of Athens.

I'm standing on Sarantapichou street, above the church of Saint Nicholas, looking down on the side of Exarchia district.

Another three minute walk and I'm in Kolonaki.

On my way back home, as usually I took the Hersonos street.
This beautiful old house is always an attraction to me.

Unfortunately it is empty as hundreds other old houses in Athens.

No comments:

Post a Comment