June 30, 2013

Hulk goes Mohican

Hulk is my five-year old tibetan spaniel. I got him from a pet shop close to Monastiraki, on Athina's street, when he was only five-weeks old and raised him as a child.

Currently, Hulk is on vacation with the only people on earth I trust him with; my parents. Before they left I took him for a haircut. I wanted him to be both comfortable and stylish while playing by the sea. So I took him to "Pet Stars" where Litsa took real good care of him!

Litsa gave him a Mohican look due to the wild times going in Athens. The "Sex and the City" days are over giving place to a "Mad Max" time being that has definitely affected style as much as each other part of everyday life.

Litsa started her business two years ago. It was a risk she took and hasn't regretted it. She surely hasn't become rich but she's her boss and she keeps it going. "It's not easy running a pet beauty salon presently but it goes. People rather cut down their own expenses than their dogs'. I threw prices and yet it's difficult since most people just can't afford spending 30 euros anymore. " she says. And it's so true.

In Greece, nearly 1000 people are losing their jobs each day while nearly 1.1 million Greeks are already unemployed. Since 2009, wages have fallen by 25% on average while new taxes were added.

No comments:

Post a Comment